Wednesday, July 11, 2012

37.5 weeks

I meant to post last week. But havent gotten around to it.

I'm flat out exhausted. I'm up between 4 and 8 times to pee every night. Add in a toddler who is not sleeping so well this week. An alarm clock that goes off at 5:30am and 10 hour work days. And the heat. Well it's cooled off into the low 90s this week. Instead of 100+. (sarcasm) I'm trying my very best to hang in and not complain at every possible corner. It's hard. I'm done. Eviction notice served.

Appointments are weekly now. They've been kinda inconsistent between 2 weeks and 3 weeks up to now. Last week I was 1cm. Progress prior to 37 weeks. I guess I will take it. Although we all know it means nothing really. With Presley I was 2 cm at my last appointment before I went into labor. 3 when my water broke and I went into labor. Then went from 3 to 9 in an hour. So basically, I got no clue when this little girl is coming....Besides she will in fact come.

She is measuring in over 3 weeks ahead. Yes, I appear to be carrying a 41 week baby at this point. It feels like it too. Presley was said to be "big" but arrived on her own 9 days early at an fairly average 7lbs 11 ounces. I do think Avery is gonna come in a little bigger than her sister....But 10 lbs, no I don't think so. (I hope not!)

I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I am hoping she says I should no longer work :-) Big dreams. I'm so tired, I miss my sweet pea desperately during the day time and although we are pretty much "REady' for Avery's arrival. The house is a constant battle to keep tidied and the laundry never gets caught up. If I was home I could do a little here and there rather than get home only play with P and then rest. It's all I got in me these days.

We will see. I'm actually looking forward to the sleepless newborn days (crazy maybe) but this belly is incredibly uncomfortable and moving around is harder and harder. I need the physical relief and I can cope.
I'm so anxious over "when" I will go into labor. I'm terrified that I will have to give birth like the last time...completely un-medicated. I have done my all natural birth research this time...last time I was quite unprepared for it. But despite my research I still want the epidural this time and I want it like quick. Anxiety of will we have time for someone to get there to stay with Presley while we head to the hospital, will we have to get her out of bed in the middle of the night and take her while we wait on someone to pick her up? Not knowing when is worrisome. Not that I can control it....It just gives me anxiety.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Hopefully you will go into labor soon and you will get the epidural as soon as you get to the hospital! I didn't have an epidural with Aiden either, but funny I know in my head the pain was out of this world, but I still want to do un medicated again. I must be crazy!
I can't wait to hear if you can stop working and spend the next weeks (hopefully week right?!) relaxing and enjoying time with Presley before baby #2 comes!