Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love Story Link Up!

A link up from the ALWAYS Lovely, Mrs. to Mama.


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
9 years in April. Wow. really! 
2. How did you meet?
{What's your "love" story?}
I dated one of his friends. (whoops) But we hung unplanned for the first time at a big college block party. A few more random hanging out events. Then summer came and the rest is history. Last summer I ever lived at home. :-) The rest were spent in Oxford with my love very close by.
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {
do tell}
4 years on 6/21/12. Time is flying right by us. Seems like just yesterday we were driving cross country exploring everything we possibly could in 2 weeks!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married at the Church/Elementary School Matt attended. We had 220 guests at an outdoor reception under a big tent at his parents. We had the best day ever on the solstice.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Hmmm. I guess not a ton. "babe. hon. honey."
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is an excellent father. He is the best partner I could ask for. He loves me...a lot.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your
ideal proposal?
My hubby isn't a genius in the romance department. We were in Vegas....(for my work!lol) Of course we arrived a day early to play a little and we had tickets for the Beatles Love Show. We were staying at the Venetian. So we got ready to go to the show, and having no clue where it was in the Mirage or how to get there I wanted to leave early. Hubby, wanted to ride in the Gondolas! I denied him! First of all, glad he didn't propose there, cause its not real Venice and a bit cheesy for me :-) BUT that would be romantic to him. (bless his heart) So of course we arrive WAY too early in the Mirage and we must decide what to do, we have over an hour to kill. We hit up a Martini Bar and order some cocktails. And before I know it, he is on one knee proposing! Wait what! Didn't see that coming! It was awesome. I said yes! I love our story. Nothing fancy and crazy romantic, but you know, that just isn't the guy I married. But he does other things....like randomly brings flowers home. Writes me a love note. And makes me chill out when I am all Type A - wound up!
8. Is he a
flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
 He is flowers and champagne kinda guy. Flowers to make me smile, champagne or liquor to get me frisky!
9. Are you a
sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Can you be both. I love a beautiful dinner on the beach, or lake overlooking water. But I love popping in a movie and relaxing on the couch.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Take him out of the country. Ireland- in the summer. We'd both agree on the climate.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
Since we will have 14 month old and I will be 4 months preggo.... We will be lucky to get a babysitter and go out to dinner. I'm OK with that.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
No. Too practical. We are pretty broke these days. (paying our bills) but not much extra. And the tax bill is always due this time of year. 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
For me its that we are equal partners. I wouldn't be able to be with someone who didn't work with me as a team member at home. We both work full-time long days. And I just can't do it all and be a good mom. He helps with the house, cleanup, baths, dishes. There are a few things we both have that are exclusively our chores...But I'm OK with that. I don't do dog poop...and he has never mopped the floor :-) I dust and clean corners he empties the trash and recycles and takes it to the street. The rest we just do to get it done. I'm blessed here. Of course, it isnt perfect. He has his days...weeks. But he really does do his part at him.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

11 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

um, i am TOTALLY late to the party.. but CONGRATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!! eeek!! #2! so exciting!!!

loved all your answers to your questions, that picture is the sweetest... and you're right, time is FLYING by!

Katie said...

Congrats on the new baby!!! I like what you said about equal partners. That's how we are too :)

Jessica said...

Thanks!

Equal partnership is the only way I could ever function :-) Glad there are others out there too. Of course, it's not perfect and balance gets outta whack here and there. But, that is life :-)

Looking forward to checking out your blog and becoming a new follower.

Nicole @ Suddenly Snowden said...

You are too funny - I love your engagement story and that you denied him the gondola ride :) Great advice on marriage, equal partnership is so important and it's great that your hubs helps out everywhere (except mopping the floors - but the dog poop thing is a good trade!) Found you on the link up! Glad I got to read your story :)

Pamela M said...

Beautiful story and congrats on your second pregnancy!!

Heather said...

So awesome! What a wonderful husband you have.

Ella said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Always nice to know who is reading :) Your little girl is adorable and congrats on your second pregnancy!

(and it's so nice when tots aren't picky eaters, isn't it??!!)

Tina said...

Loved reading that. Your story is too cute!

Summer said...

what a cute proposal awesome! congrats on baby #2!

this was so cute!

Unknown said...

Cute story! Congrats on baby #2!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Ireland sounds like a great trip to take together. You have an adorable family and congrats on the pregnancy!