Yesterday pushed my limits. Emotionally and physically. I was almost half way thru a 10 hour day, after two days a sick kiddo. I was thrilled that she was home with her dad today but desperately wanted to be home to cuddle her as well.
Not too long before noon I got my first of a hand full of calls. My dad had been admitted to the hospital for chest pains and they were keeping him to a heart cath in the morning (today). To likely put a stint or two in to fix/help/repair some blockage. So being the Daddy's girl I am...I was worried. Then I got the call that my sister in law was FINALLY in labor. :-) She's been teasing us for weeks. Then I got the call that my husband discovered termites and we'd be having an exterminator come out that night to handle it. $$$$
When I got off work I had to drive the hour + north to see my dad and my nephew. Plus, I couldn't even handle hearing what the extermination was going to cost . But my baby had been home all day feeling just crappy and I wanted to snuggle with her. I'm lucky because her daddy take excellent care of her when she isn't feeling great. She had to be with her daddy for the evening and I needed to be with mine.
So after 10 hours at work, I got in the car and headed to see my family members. Of course they are at two different hospitals. Add my grandma in the mix, although I didn't get to see her last night. I have three family member in three different hospitals in one city. Of course, not the city I live in.
I loved getting to see my new nephew. He is of course a picture of perfection. My brother now has a son. He is the father of two girls of his own and two step daughters. So he was quite outnumbered and baby James will help bring a bit more "man stuff" into the house.
I was/am worried about my dad. I could see he was in pain. I hate that. Today he did have two stints put in and officially diagnosed with coronary heart disease. I'm thankful it was all discovered and fixed before he had a heart attack. Now he must just get serious about a lifestyle change and really stopping smoking. :-/. I try to tell him smoking just isn't "cool" anymore.
I got home after 11pm last night and it was about midnight before I was asleep. The hubby was kind enough to let me crash for a few hours before work alone in the guest room and he tended to the kiddo. She had a rough night and we decided she needed to stay home today and see the Dr. Hubby was able to take off work to do that. Little girl has another ear infection as a result of a yucky cold. :-/ But she is on the road to recovery.
I am thankful to go home tonight and snuggle with my baby and my hubby and rest. Tomorrow is my day off and I can't wait! We only have one appointment in the ate afternoon and I think afterward it will be treated with some ice cream. Baby girl and I need a date and a little comfort food.
2 comments:
WOW, you have been through a lot lately! So sorry for your dad and grandma but congrats on your new nephew! I hope things settle down around there for you soon.
Jessica oh my goodness!! You have had too much going on. I am so sorry to hear your dad is now in the hospital, it is hard to see loved ones in pain. But I am excited that you got to meet your new nephew :) You deserve that ice cream treat tomorrow!!
Post a Comment