Let's see here. What's been going on in our house?
Week before last I left Presley for the first time...(tears) I went to a conference for work Wed-Fri. It wasn't terrible. Although I missed her terribly, but it was nice focusing on purely grownup, work things for a few days. I took advantage of the mommy time and went to bed early, watched reality TV and slept till 7am. However, the days were really busy and my meetings went from 8am till 7pm. With dinners with colleagues Wed and Thur night. Its amazing though that I still had some "me time" with that busy of a schedule. But I guess when your family is at home tending to themselves- all I had to do was care for me. That was easy. Normally I work 10 hours. (6/a7a-4p/5p) then I get home and from 5:30p-8p. It's dinner, bath, snuggles, books, bedtime. Clean. Prep for next day and try and get myself a little shower and maybe watch an episode with hubby and hit the bed by 9p/10p. Because its up at 5am.
It was a great opportunity for me at work and the timing was just right to leave Presley. She's old enough (16 months- that I felt comfortable), it wasn't too long to be gone and Hubby handled it all like a pro. Although he said that 3 days was long enough and he had no clue how single parents do it all by themselves. With the 3rd trimester officially here that will be my last big trip (flying anyway) and with the new baby you can expect that it would be another 12/16 months before I would be ready to leave them again. Then again....with two under two I may be begging for work to send me some place baby free much sooner :-)
Last week was a blur. We played catch up from me being gone. Then the weekend was here and gone. We helped my dad at his swap meet. My allergies are in full effect and killing me.
Monday I dropped P off at school and thought to myself that a few random symptoms during the weekend might be a bigger illness. I was right, I got back to my office (after my 1hr glucose test)ready to call the daycare to inquire if any of the other kids had hand-foot-mouth? I had two voice mails from them. :-/ Presley indeed had it (confirmed by the dr too) and as of 10am they'd sent home 5 of the 9 kids in her class. The good news is that she really feels fine...and is loving the extra days at home with mommy or daddy. 7 to 10 days out of daycare! WHAAAAT. Her first symptom showed up on Saturday. So that does allow her back to the daycare on Monday. phew. The only thing is that she is a tiny but fussier than her normal. But really it isn't even that bad at all.We've had crankier healthy days for sure
That's the quick update. Oh Grandma is home from rehab. She's doing OK. A long road to recovery- it's hard. But she is doing well considering all things.
Mother's day is next Sunday and it's also my mom's bday. We are figuring out what to do. I think we are going to make garden stones with our hand prints on them and decorate with gems.
2 comments:
Hope Presley is feeling better. I'm glad to hear your grandma is home now and that you got some alone/grown up time. How nice! I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is flying by, seems like yesterday you announced you were pregnant with #2!! Thanks for the update, I was wondering where you had gone!
Hi Jessica! I wanted to stop by and let you know that I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award today :) Check out my post from today (May 8) and you'll see that you are tagged and what it's all about!! Congrats :)
Post a Comment