Friday, December 7, 2012

Toddler Bedtimes, and Rolling 4 month old

Updating........

I've been back to work almost two months. Every day is a struggle. But we are getting into a groove. Did you know that trying to secure private insurance is a nightmare? The odds of me getting to be a stay at home mama for a few years are not looking so good.

I'm still nursing/pumping. Avery is getting quite used to the bottle and nursing is becoming a fight. It makes me sad...Nursing is the reason I have dedicated so much work into pumping. Hopefully over the holiday break we can get back to more nursing. Its been a huge challenge to keep my milk supply up while working and pumping. It's requiring middle of the night pumpings...as well as weekend "power-hour pumps".....and all the other typical things to increase supply. 

The girls....well they are simply amazing. Avery is rolling...and not just out of anger...She is doing it very intentionally. She is a butterball of giggly sweetness. Presley and Avery already have this most amazing sister bond. I love to see their eyes light up at the end of the day when they see each other. I love seeing Presley squeal in the morning when Avery gets up and run to hug her. Of course, there is still a bit of jealousy from Presley every now and then, but that's expected. It's mostly when she is tired and wants to snuggle and we have our hands full feeding/nursing or tending to the need of an infant. 

We do our best to get special one on one time with Presley. Do big girl things....
Toddler bedtime is a roller-coaster that we are riding...hoping that things get better. Actually the sleeping arrangements right now aren't ideal. Avery is getting up 2/3 times a night to eat and I either have to nurse her (if she will go that way) or feed her a bottle and pump. So not to wake up daddy & Presley who need their sleep Avery and I are back in the guest room. 

Daddy typically does Presley bedtime. But he is super soft and doesn't deal well with any protest by Presley. (He's gonna have to toughen up a bit) Long story shorten...rather than fight her, he lets her lay down and sleep in bed with him. We have to get a handle on that when I come back up to bed! If she doesn't fall asleep in our bed, dad usually falls asleep in her bed with her waiting her out.........Everything's a stage right? Sometimes though, she really puts up a bedtime fight. 

This is how bedtime went down on Wednesday night. Presley-1, Daddy-0.


 Presley got some rabbit slippers and wants to wear them everywhere. Also, my child requested to eat carrots while we were shopping. I guess she was taking the rabbit slippers serious. Love her!


These girlies are BFFs. I didn't have any sisters growing up. So watching them together is a huge treat. I also am loving that my house is full of girls these days...It's not at all how i pictured it, but its perfect. I know that these two will soon fight over toys, clothes and shoes. But I know above that, they will be the best friends. (I hope they include their mama in their BFF club. I love being apart of it right now anyway)

5 comments:

Paige said...

I give you so much credit for continuing with the pumping and nursing. It's so tough. Working Mom to working mom - you go girl!

Heather said...

I hope that she will go back to nursing over the break, all you can do is keep trying to BF her as much as you can. That has to be hard, especially since you are working and have to pump. Good for you for working so hard at it! I bet Presley will just need a week or less of tough love and bedtime will be back to an easy routine. You may need to instigate a bedtime "bootcamp" over the break! Lol
Thinking of you guys and glad to read an update!

Jessica said...

I love the idea of a bedtime boot camp!

Amy said...

I saw your comment on Tammy's blog and am now following you. I have an almost 2 year old and a 4 month old so it's fun to read stories from mom's in the same boat. I hope my daughter will out grow her tantrums soon like you mentioned on Tammy's blog. They are pretty wicked lately! Excited to read more about your adorable family!

Amber said...

My 2 yr old is also making bedtime (and everything else) super difficult these days. Graham is sleeping with us and nurses all night long. Paisley is still in her crib which I thought Graham would have been in by now. So yeah, sleep is a crazy mess. As for private insurance, it is terrible! We finally got a plan at the clinic we own but it was awful what people offer for private plans. Boo!!!