Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lesson Learned

Just a quick lesson I learned today and needed to share.

If your toddler turns down fruit snacks, you should know you are about to be puked on.....

We got our money's worth at the Dr.'s office today.Since 50% of the staff got to be witness to the vomiting event. That's right, it was nothing short of an Olympic event. Toddler vomit is something you never want to experience. But once you do, you will never forget it. We left the Dr.'s office today...me in a tank top and vomit covered pants. Presley in a blanket. It just kept coming and she refused to puke in the bucket the doctor was handing us....instead she wanted to puke inches from my face. At one point, because I didn't know if I was going to puke myself or cry....I just starting laughing hysterically. Then the doctor started laughing...we both really felt awful for her but sometimes that's just how some of handle the stress....


Toddler has a fever and likely another MRSA infection. (culture will confirm- although this is the 3rd and we know what we are looking at) She feels awful. I feel awful for her.


This infection comes on rapidly and out of nowhere. Also, it changes very very quickly. We hope that we caught it early enough to avoid a hospital stay. However, he has to hold down her meds.

*here's to hoping she holds down her meds tonight and that 2013 doesn't start off with a hospital stay.




2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh no! Poor Presley! I sure hope she starts feeling better and doesn't have to go to the hospital! Thinking of you guys!

Samantha said...

Oh no. I can just picture this. I hope she feels better ASAP! Sorry I've been absent from commenting lately. I cannot believe how big your girlS have gotten!!!