Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Sleep Log, part I

Ok....we are a little late actually getting started. I thought Presley was coming down with another ear infection. As it turns out..so far it appears to just be teething. We also were out of town all weekend. Great trip, but not a time or place to start sleep logs.

So here we go- Bed Time Routine Log 9/7 Starts immediately after home from mini u.(this is not the exact sleep log from the book. That i have all ready in the car where i was last reading the book. but its pouring raining and I am not running outside. So I am just trying to document this evening as well as possible so i can translate into the right information. When I get the actual log in the AM)

5-6 :15pm: Get home, unpack. Snuggle. Talk. Play. Hugs. Kisses. Start grownup dinner and prep dinner snacks for P :-) Dinner for Presley.

6:15p: Bath Time/Play Time

6:25p: Get dressed, skins meds, lotions, creams :-)

6:35p - 6:55p: Dinnertime for "all". Presley hangs out in high chair with a lil bit of finger food and water -Mom and Dad eat dinner.

6:55p- Make bottle. Say night night to daddy. kisses. snuggles. hugs. (mom's turn for "putting u down" we share our special night turns with you :-)

7:00p-7:20p- Rock. Prayers. Snuggles. Kisses. About 2oz. Try to put her down 3 times partially awake but falling asleep. She screamed all times, and I got her back out and rocked and snuggled her. But she was slowly giving up. 4th...she was mostly asleep, but I laid her down and she rolled over and snuggled up like a frog.


Up next, Night Waking Log. I hope this doesn't start until after 4 or 5am tomorrow morning. Ha! Well technically tonight I am not supposed to start anything new...just document a typical night. The truth is when we are home our typical night is much like above. Bedtime routine we are decent at. But who knows...time will tell.

NIght Waking is a whole other issue in this house. We just can't hardly function in the middle of the night and cave to whatever her demand....90% of the time she sleeps just fine if you bring her to bed or if you let her sleep in your arms.(not an option). But there are always those nights where she wakes alot with you (teething)  - those are rough. But I have to say although I will probably get up to check on her alot when she stays in her bed all night...I will sleep better overall. It's hard to sleep comfortable with her in bed. I sleep so light. Matt too. So for the overall sleep in our house...she has to get back in her crib. my neck and back ache daily for sleeping posture.

Cheers to as few of those as possible.....red wine poured in a large glass. YUM. Then I better get to bed. :-)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Best of luck with this! Hopefully there will be lots of sleep filled nights for you and hubby with no more neck and back aches! :-)