Friday, September 2, 2011
New things....
September is my favorite month of the year!
Well it's the month of my Bday! In 10 short days I will be 28. (shhh. don't tell)
I'm so happy July and August are over. Not only did those months include a little bit of stress and a tiny bit of drama...They were SO hot. Additionally, I think in the 8.5 months lil Presley has been alive. It was the 2 worst months of sleep. (notice seriously lack of blogging).
So I hope with a new season - the sleeping changes, and stress and drama falls to the wayside. Personally, I choose to believe that September 1 is the beginning of fall. (Although, I know its still 23 days away)- So for us...its a fresh start.
Fall is my favorite season. However, its a reminder of how close winter is. Last year winter was a breeze. I had a newborn (12/16) and was on maternity leave till mid march. It was no problem to stay inside in the warmth and just wait for spring to arrive. When the days were nice we got out. if it was terribly snowy or cold. No worries we stayed in and it was perfect. my favorite winter of all time. Snuggled up with my new baby!
This winter I will have a TODDLER on my hands. And we will be craving the outdoors to run and release energy and to entertain - And I won't be on maternity leave so every single day we will have to brave the cold and snow as i take her to daycare and I head off to work. (booo!)
But on a good note, my little girl will get her first snow and her first real Christmas. She was so tiny last year and not eating great. So Christmas was a blur for us last year. We can't wait to make our own traditions and celebrate with family.
Presley mastered a new skill yesterday. Going from crawling to sitting and sitting to crawling and back and forth. She also starting trying to pull up on things. She doesn't quite have the coordination in her legs yet. But she is one determined little girl. We keep saying it, but baby proofing is a must. We are going to be sorry if we don't get on that soon.
We have started our sleep logs. And are slowly starting some sleep training. Seriously, where is my perfect little sleeper? Please come back so mommy doesn't actually have to do this "sleeping training" business. I am too tired to even read the book. Sweet girl.....I love you and your snuggles- but you are the only one that sleeps good snuggled next to mommy and daddy. Remember when you and your crib were BFFs? :-)
I'm reading the No-Cry Sleep Solution. I really like it so far- HOWEVER, I will tell you, I think the author spends too much time criticizing the CIO method. I'm just not into making judgements about other people's choices. It's kind of a turn off for me when I read her saying how much against CIO she is. I'm not against it, but it's not for me. That's why i bought the book! Let's get to the good stuff lady and not spend so much time talking about other's choices!- waste of paper, and almost made me put her book down. (rant over, sorry) Anyway- I finally got thru that part of the book and I am to the part where we do sleep logs. The next part I think is solutions, etc. I can't WAIT to get to that.
I'll try and post some of the sleep logs and what we are doing as far as training goes. That is, if we get sleep sometime soon!
Happy Weekend all. I don't have new pics to post. It's not been a good picture week. As in, where is my camera? Oh there it is!. Oh wait, the battery is dead. (repeat)
We are heading to Lake Erie again this weekend with some family. Looking forward to our extended weekend and hoping that the rain holds off.
Next week should be the arrival of some cooler temps! Can't wait to get the windows open!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you all get some sleep soon! We did the Babywise method and it worked for us, but it does involve some crying. Every situation is different, and I hope you find your solution soon! I've recently heard a lot of good things about Moms on Call (not sure if there is crying involved with this or not) but it's at least another option to check out if you need it! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment