How far along?31 weeks!
Baby’s Size: Head of lettuce
Total Weight Gain: Overall down 6lbs from pregnancy weight. Of the 20 that I lost in the first 20 weeks, in the past 11 weeks I've put back on 14 of it. Not too bad.
Maternity Clothes:Yes. Wearing maternity pants, mostly maternity tops. Mix of maternity dresses and non maternity dresses
Gender: Another sweet baby girl.
Movement: Yes! It's crazy how different pregnancies and baby's even in the womb can be. I have an anterior placenta with this baby and with Presley. Presley was such a quiet baby in the womb. Occasionally she'd dance and bounce my belly- but she had me worried daily that she was OK in there. I could always count on her jumping around after my coffee at work in the morning. But otherwise, that was the only thing I could count on. This baby girl is CRAZY busy!~Constantly trying to hurt me, or evacuate my belly via my sides or ribs. She moves all the time. And has zero set schedule of activity. I think we are in for a much different type of baby.
Sleep: Yeah- not so great. Up several times a night to be. Re-adjust comfort or pillows.
Symptoms: Tired. Pregnancy aches and pains. Peeing a lot. Braxton Hicks nightly. Lots of fun stuff.
Food Aversions: Nothing really. Sometimes veggies...and sometimes meat.
Food Cravings: Fruit. Lots of fruit. Popsicle. Smoothies. Ice cold water. Salt & Vinegar chips.
Best Moments this week: Having my hubby's big job be finished. He's been working 14/16 hour days for 2 weeks straight. I had seen him maybe 6 total hours across those 14 days. 15 mins here, and there in the morning and at night. I was a exhausted mama!
What I miss: Wine. Beer. Cold summer cocktails. Ooo yum. Soon. Soon. Having my underwear not roll down in the front. Being able to go more than 2 hours without peeing. Drinking as much caffeine as I want. Being able to take good cold meds! (passing around some snot in our house) Sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time.
What I am Looking forward to: Well this is a happy/and not so happy thing. I'm looking forward to spending an entire night/day with my hubby childfree. But it will be Presley's first overnight at Grandma's and I will miss her desperately. Also, it's because I agreed to go to the Indy 500 with my husband at 7 months preggo. So as thrilled as I am to have some time just the two of us for more than a couple hours. The race is supposed to be the hottest in history- its big, its crowded and temps are supposed to reach 95 degrees! We are prepared for the weather with a cooler full of fruit and water. Hats/sunscreen and our parking spot is relatively close to our seats. So if I get overheated I can just go to the car and sit with the AC and rest. I hope to get a bit of healthy sun this weekend on my arms and legs. Momma is quite pale and the Vit D is good for you if you can not get burnt.
Milestones: Feeling uncomfortable. Yup- got there last week. Which makes you feel like crap no matter what you wear. I am hoping the bit of tan with help that some.
As always we are busy and the weekends are flying by! This is Presley's last day at the daycare. It's bittersweet. We love her teachers and they have done a FINE job caring for her the past 14 months. But we were able to find a fabulous summer option where a girl we know will come to our house and watch her there 3 days a week this summer for less $$ and more one on one time. She is also available for a few weeks after I have #2 to help with Presley. In the fall Presley will be going to another person we know. She does some in home pre-school with a handful of kids. But she doesn't like to have kids till they are closer to two. The baby will start at the daycare because they are the place locally that takes care of infants and of course we are so happy with them. - of course they are expensive.
We are getting ready to move Presley into a big girl bed and are working on re-arranging the girls' room and mounting some furniture to the walls so if little Miss P does get out of bed she can't pull things over on herself.
We decided on a first name for the baby! Avery. It was my first choice and when I first told the hubby- he said NO. LOL. I dropped it for a couple weeks and when the name subject came back up- he confessed he'd been thinking and Avery was also his first choice and her really liked it :-) So there it is, meant to be. We are deciding on a middle name. We are picking between Rose & Grace. I think I am leaning towards Rose. Avery Rose. Sounds sweet. Perfect for another little princess.
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
As always we are busy and the weekends are flying by! This is Presley's last day at the daycare. It's bittersweet. We love her teachers and they have done a FINE job caring for her the past 14 months. But we were able to find a fabulous summer option where a girl we know will come to our house and watch her there 3 days a week this summer for less $$ and more one on one time. She is also available for a few weeks after I have #2 to help with Presley. In the fall Presley will be going to another person we know. She does some in home pre-school with a handful of kids. But she doesn't like to have kids till they are closer to two. The baby will start at the daycare because they are the place locally that takes care of infants and of course we are so happy with them. - of course they are expensive.
We are getting ready to move Presley into a big girl bed and are working on re-arranging the girls' room and mounting some furniture to the walls so if little Miss P does get out of bed she can't pull things over on herself.
We decided on a first name for the baby! Avery. It was my first choice and when I first told the hubby- he said NO. LOL. I dropped it for a couple weeks and when the name subject came back up- he confessed he'd been thinking and Avery was also his first choice and her really liked it :-) So there it is, meant to be. We are deciding on a middle name. We are picking between Rose & Grace. I think I am leaning towards Rose. Avery Rose. Sounds sweet. Perfect for another little princess.
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
1 comment:
I can't believe you are 31 weeks already! WOW! I really like your name choice, Avery Rose. Hope you have a great date night with hubby. That's so cool your family can watch Presley for the night. :-)
Post a Comment