Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Matt and I  tend to over schedule ourselves on the weekends and run around like crazy people. But it's always fun. We've always been an "on the go" type couple. Having a baby hasn't slowed us down much at all. Now we just take Presley with us. Sure, it take a little longer to get out of the house, more things to pack. But really she is just our little buddy and likes to go visit people and be social.

So just a typical weekend for us. Except Easter was the reason for running around. (always a reason). Saturday we went to the in-laws for most of the day. Sunday we got up and traveled the 1hr and 10 mins northeast to visit my family. A stop at my dad's. Then over to my mom's for Easter dinner. (oo yum).

I have 4 nieces in my immediate family (12, 11, 2, 9 months). Add lil Presley to the mix (4.5 months). And the first nephew on the way (end of July). When we are all together its little girl chaos. And with the 3 little ones 2 and under. You can imagine the fun. Seriously though, its fun. The girls are so cute.

Presley is changing a lot the past 2 weeks. She is really "finding her voice." She yells just to hear herself. Its adorable. She "talks" to her animal friends (on the play mat, the ones on mobile and the ones on the swing mobile) She just jabbers away. The other morning at 3:30a when she wanted to wake up and eat (haven't had a middle of the night feeding in a while. growth spurt, maybe) she ate and I laid her back down. And for 20 mins I listened from the other room as she "chatted" to her friends hanging above her crib. She is gonna be a talker. (just like mama ;-)

She is also awake a lot more. Don't get me wrong, she is still my sleepy girl. Loves good long naps and nighttime sleeping (good.girl.) But when she is awake now, she is so interactive and wants to chat, or play on her mat. She loves "patty cake" and "this little pig". She has found her hands (loves them in her mouth...so cute) and is noticing her toes.  Moves those little legs around and stares at her toes. It won't be long before she figures out how to grab them with the hands. We are waiting to hear her laugh. She squeals and grins and coughs sometimes like she is trying to laugh. But so far, no laugh. We are waiting patiently. Maybe mommy & daddy just aren't that funny. (sad face) Presley has no interest in rolling over. I'm sure she is capable. But when you put her on her tummy she does one of two things. Cries, or lays her head down, sticks her hand in her mouth and waits patiently till its over.

This is a typical week for us. But this weekend will be a bit hectic. My dad (love him- but has odd hobbies) is having an Animal Swap Meet and Flea Market in Troy, Oh. (www.troyswap.com). Matt is going up to help put on the event. I'm coming up on Saturday with Presley if the weather is good- to help and show off baby girl. If it's not good, we are staying home. I hope for great weather and that my dad's event is a huge success. If anyone is in the market for some chickens....this event has them.

For the record, I didn't grow up on a farm. I did grow up in the country. My grandparents have a farm. We spent a lot time there. But they didn't have many animals or anything. Just corn and soybeans and tobacco. Occasionally, a couple cows. My house had 5 acres. But most of it was wooded. Eventually, my parents got a cow. No biggy. Now, my dad and step mom have 5 dogs, 2 cows, 1 horse, and a WHOLE lot of chickens. I love farm fresh eggs, and I love to know where my meat comes from. Is this style for me? No. But I think Presley will love to go visit Papa's and see all the animals. My nieces love it. So there you have it. I'm a small town girl, with some country/farm roots. But currently we live in small college town. No acres, no farm animals, no corn or soybeans. Just a small garden in the back yard and our "first baby" Ginger (yellow lab).

Someday I'd like a house with a BIG yard, outside of town. But not miles from civilization. I would like room for the kids to stretch their legs and play safely in the yard without fears of cars or busy roads or creeps. But for now...its perfect.

Speaking of perfect.................
Happy Easter! melt mommy's heart


Let's Party!

Can I fit both of my hands entirely in my mouth? I will try!

Mommy & P.

Happy Easter! Love, The Williamson's

No comments: