Thursday is literally my favorite day of the week. It's my day home with Presley. And since I have been back to work (6 wks now)...there isn't a Thursday that has passed that hasn't been the best day ever! (over the top statement....but true :-)
I go back and forth about how I feel about being a working mom vs. being a SAHM. Really, being a SAHM isn't something we can even consider right now. I need to work...I carry the health insurance. That's huge for a family. But daycare dries up most of the cash I bring home. The good part is that I work for great people who allow me to work 4-10 hr days and be off with Presley on Thursdays. And I do really love my office/job.
Matt is off with her on Tuesday. So she is only going to Mini U: M-W-F. It's the best situation for us at the moment. Thursdays give me a taste of what it would be like if I was a SAHM. Of course, its a small taste and its always great. But since its only one day a week I get to enjoy the best parts of it. (sleeping in a bit with her (8am)...hanging around in our p.j.s till noon....and just doing whatever we want....besides things we "have to")
Really, right now.........we have the best of both worlds....and I think we are balancing out life out quite well. We are full filling our financial obligations, as well as being excellent-loving parents to our beautiful little girl.
I'm sooo thankful for this day with her every week. Of course we get the weekends and evenings together. But I love Thursday. It's just me and her at home or running errands, meeting a friend for lunch, walks uptown on nice days....this summer pool days at Kristin's. And the list goes on and on. Today we are heading to Walmart....once she wakes up from her nap and eats. We need to get Easter baskets (and candy- for mom and dad)- a few household items, and some noodles for chicken soup. Presley is just a joy to be with...every moment with her my heart bursts with joy. It's the best feeling.
I'm thankful for a understanding and loving husband. The past few nights has let me sleep in the guest room so I can be right next to Presley and get some sleep. She's still coughing and congested....and this mama wasn't getting any sleep upstairs checking on her every hour or less. (Matt really hates not sleeping next to his wife....and I don't like it either....BUT sometimes, not getting any sleep is worse.)
I'm thankful this weekend is Easter. Saturday we will spend some time with Matt's family. And Sunday we will head up to my moms. I've got to iron Presley two outfits to wear. Of course she needs to be dressed up for both occasions this weekend. And a flowered head band is a necessity. She is seriously just.so.cute!
I feel thankful every day. But Thursdays.....I always feel extra thankful......for my special day with my special little baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment