Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An Announcement

Here's a summary of the posts I have started and not yet finished this month. A ton has happened.

We spent 4 days in the hospital with Presley. She had a terrible MRSA infection on her leg and needed minor surgery to drain it.

Then home with her for 2 weeks out of daycare.

Her birthday.

Christmas.

Road Trip.

New Years.

And sometime shortly after Thanksgiving I wasn't "feeling right". So I did what any mama would do and I spent half my paycheck on HPT's and starting peeing.

As it turns out......I am pregnant. Almost 11 weeks now. We found out at about 6 wks. Yeah...so with baby #1, you know the minute you get pregnant. LOL With baby #2, you forget you were no longer preventing. Can't remember your last period and the symptoms are screaming you in the face before you think.....hmmm. "somethings not right" We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member into our family at the end of July. The kiddies will be 19months apart. WHOA, hello 2 under 2.

This is all my hubby's idea. He desperately wanted two close in age. So a couple months ago I agreed to go off the BC and see what happens. I def. wanted two close in age, but I was in no rush and I am really enjoying my sweet pea so much. So I went into this with full intentions of avoiding him during my fertile time and well since we are both exhausted alot anyway...I didn't think that would be too hard. Well in this case, I have to say..... My mom was right. She says "if you aren't preventing. when it's "time" you won't be able to stay away from each other"

Of course since I "know it all" I laughed at her and explained that I would be able to avoid it. I was wrong and God had plans for our family to expand. I knew number #2 was coming soon. But honestly, I was hoping to go till April/May/June prior to getting knocked up. That isn't the case and that's OK.

So that's how decemeber went. I am hoping to finish some posts here in the next few weeks. I have a lot to say about my 1yr old. Being in the hospital with her days before her birthday. So many emotions when you have a sick kiddo. On the bright side, children are amazingly resilient. She came home from the hospital and was back to her wild self. She is begging to walk and is so close. Any day now I am sure. She gets more confident every day. She started doing this hilarious smile where she scrunches her nose and eyes when she gives you a BIG smile and shows all her teeth. It melts my heart every time.

I'm going to start trying to pregnancy updates every few weeks. I go to the dr. tomorrow for another 4wk check. So maybe I will start them then. I will say, at 6 wks preggo I was 12 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant with Presley. My weight journey has a LONG way to go. But I was very happy to start out lighter.

I hope you all are having a HAPPY New Year and I hope to bring you many more blog stories in the next year. There is a lot happening in the Williamson Household this year!

6 comments:

Allie said...

I knew when I saw the word announcement that it would be a baby!!! YIPPIE!!! I am glad Presley is doing better!! Children are very resilient, its kinda cool to watch how quickly they bounce back!!! PS I am so much lighter this pregnancy, like more than half the weight gain I had with the boys just by switching carbs for fruits! It is kinda a little creepy that I am not gaining but I totally have switched my habits, If I want chocolate I will eat it in the morning haha where as I used to eat it late at night! I think you will do amazing this pregnancy! I cannot wait to read all about it!! CONGRATS again!!

Paige said...

Thank goodness your baby is doing better - how scary! Congrats on the big news! Feel good.

Heather said...

OH MY GOODNESS! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys! Poor Presley, you guys have had one crazy month!

Ashlee said...

CONGRATS!!
sooooo exciting for you guys!
Soo glad Presley is doing better also.

Can't wait to follow you through the pregnancy! :)

Tina said...

What great news!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Samantha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope to be a few months behind you! We're not preventing but Truitt is still nursing a LOT and I haven't had a period since conceiving him 21mo ago! Glad to hear P is feeling better and I cannot wait to hear about everything.