We had a long week last week- and thru the weekend.
Matt worked the early part of the week on a specific job. The days were long. Presley and I were both fighting a cold and typically he is a huge help in the mornings and during evening routine...But unfortunately, he just wasn't around to be helpful last week.
Tuesday night I had my first experience with toddler vomit. People, I'm telling you...this is no joke. It's projectile. It comes out of nowhere and keeps coming until their stomachs are completely empty. Of course, Presley got sick right after dinner and her bath. She was all dressed for bed rocking with me and out of the blue with no warning she sits up and just starts puking and crying. POOR baby.
I was lucky in this instance that Matt had just got home from work and came running to help. He re-bathed her while I stripped down to my undies and bra and cleaned the puke off the chair, floor and myself.
Since we'd both had a cold, I was sure if she was gagging on congestion that started the vomit or if she had a stomach bug. She got a little sick once more an hour later, but still wasn't sure. In the morning I slowly gave her water, a little milk then cheerios and she held it all down and was quite happy. So off to work and Mini U we went. She had diarrhea there once....but I wasn't sure if it was stomach or teething.
I was off on Thursday and she didn't have the greatest appetite, but no vomit, no diarrhea and was happy, IF she was attached to me all day long. It was a long day for sure, I love the snuggles of my little baby- but I was literally peeing with her sitting on my knee, unless I wanted to hear screaming.
Daddy got home late and I was so happy to see him. We ate a quick dinner and he instantly said, "I don't feel good" Up to bed he went. Presley and I decided it was best to sleep in the guest room. She slept good, woke up happy had milk and a snack and off for the day we went. I was exhausted and I feel terrible but when I went to check on Matt Friday morning and he said he'd been violently ill all night long......More than anything, I was annoyed. Not at him, but because I was exhausted from a looong week with little help and I just couldn't handle him being sick. I ran him some Gatorade and sprite in the early hours of the day.
Then the daycare called and said Presley had two diarrhea blow outs and it was 11am. On the 3rd you have to come get them and many of the kids had been out due to a stomach bug. I asked about her mood and eating...All of those were fine. And sometimes we have days like that when we are teething...so I just never know. Well at 2pm they called again, she just threw up her lunch. So I shut down everything at work and went and picked her up. When I finally got into the car, I had a little cry. I was so tired and going home with a husband puking and a baby puking and the fear of catching it myself was just overwhelming. (mostly the exhaustion)
I got P home gave her a light snack and some water. She cuddled with me and she was in bed by 5pm. Hubby was also in bed. I commenced project take all used bedding and every bit of laundry to the basement and started tackling a week's worth of laundry and disinfecting toys and all surfaces. Clorox wipes and bleach spray....best friends!
By Sunday I had all the laundry done but the two loads we accumulated since I started the project Friday night. The house is cleaned....toys are back out making a mess. But it's clean.
I have to say....I'm glad to be back at work today with no sickness and resting from all the stairs I climbed this weekend and the labor of scrubbing the house and floors.
And for your viewing pleasure...Because all posts are much better with lots of pictures!
5 comments:
Yuck! Having a sick family is the worst! I'm glad everyone is feeling better and your house is now germ free for the time being! :-) I hope this week goes much more smooth!
Hope your house gets comepletely better soon!!
I know exactly what you mean with getting almost annoyed with more or less the exhaustion you are feeling because of the lack of help.
I NEED that help. I NEED that break.
All of us momma's do!
yuck! We've been sick, but not pukey sick and I am and thankful for that. I hope all are well and I just LOVE the picture of her sleeping with daddy!
Ouch! Sounds like you all had a rough week! Hope everyone is feeling much better! Presley is so adorable!
Thanks for your comment on my post about Rylin being antisocial! Now that I think about it I have always favored adults & kids older then me!
Such cute photos! I am glad your household is starting to feel better and that you didn't catch the bug!
Post a Comment