Monday, March 12, 2012

It's a.........

Hubby and I went for an ultrasound this AM. 7:30am to be exact. I could hardly wait to find out about Baby #2....let alone wait all day the day of the appointment. 

So we went in, and right away the tech was measuring our little one's long legs. A trait we are obviously passing on to baby #2. I knew immediately when she was measuring her legs what we were looking at. I exclaimed to the hubby! "You're right!" Before the tech even was looking in the area.... The tech said, "Oh I wasn't checking out that yet" :-) I told her she could double check for me, but I knew :-)

We will be having another girl! I kinda knew we were. Only because we have a boy name picked out...and I knew that wasn't the name of the child in my belly. But that's all I knew. Hubby has said for weeks we are having another girl :-) He's been dying to hash out names. I have been refusing, because....we don't have the same girl name taste at all. So it will be another journey to find the perfect name :-) 

I guess now we have to start working on that...Naming baby girl #2!

We are feeling overjoyed that Presley will have a sister and another precious little girl in our house. Our hearts are overflowing. We know that little girls 19 months apart will be a handful and full of some of drama. But ultimately, we can't wait to raise two best friends and teach them how to love and care for one another in a way only sisters can. 

I am still in a bit of shock on the fact that I am the mom of girls! As I've said before, I grew up the only girl with 3 brothers. One girl is one thing, two girls is something that will be completely new to me. It's going to be an adventure, I can't wait to see what this girly ride is going to be like. :-) 

My scanner is broke- I will scan the U/S pictures when its back up and running. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

How exciting! Presley is going to love being a big sister! They will hopefully be really close as they grow up and be able to talk about boys, hair, etc. :-)

Allie said...

OMG CONGRATS MAMA!!!

Nicole @ Suddenly Snowden said...

Girl, you were RIGHT!! How wonderful that Presley will have a sister!! Let the naming battle begin :) Congrats mama!!