Friday, March 23, 2012

A little bit of this and that.....Randoms

Things have been super busy around these parts. - But really, when aren't they?

I'll share below the randomness we've been up to.

Last weekend we hosted Babypalooza 2.0. :-) Some of our college friends are starting to have babies as well. Two couples so far to be exact. (That we are close with) Our first one was in Michigan in late summer. We all got together this past weekend. A total of 3 couples (6 adults) and 3 babies at our house. We don't have a big house at all. We were pretty much filled to max capacity. But we had the best time! The weather was amazing and everyone enjoyed themselves. It was awesome to see the kiddos- they grow and change so fast! It was a bit of a joke all of us trying to get out of the house. One bathroom and 3 kiddos on different nap/sleeping schedules. I was totally wore out from all the hosting, but no complaints and would do it all over again. We are making memories here, and loving every bit of it.

Simple happiness!
The neighbors have a 5 year old and he has grown out of a Little Tykes slide. So they washed it up and brought it over to us. Presley is in love! She loves the slide at the park, but really is thrilled to have her own in her back yard!


Last night we went to the Aquarium. It was my niece's 3rd birthday. It was such a blast! Presley loved it. She was able to walk around. (or ride in her stroller if she needed a rest or snack) It's so fun to see her enjoy new things. I love being able to experience all these things with her. I can't wait for her to be pointing out the fish or sharks to her little sister! Life.is.good.

Pointing out the octopus to daddy!

A lift from Uncle Dave. Birthday girl all smiles

Loved to make the frog go ribbit!


Checking out Mighty Mike with Grandma!

"What's this floor mommy?"

I don't know about you all- but it was kinda (dare I say) Hot this week? 87?!?! It's apparent that I need my AC charged, Presley and I were sweating running errands yesterday. Poor girl! We don't have central air (gasp! old house) Our window units work quite well, but aren't installed this early! Luckily, it's cooled off. Let's hope we get a little normal spring weather. It was one thing thinking I would have June/July to be a HOT preggo mama. But add 2 additional months to that.......not so cool. (literally)

Poop story.........:-) I know all you mama's have them.
Last night after getting home from the aquarium it was time to get Presley a bath. Girlfriend was dirty and I know she put her little hands on anything she could at the aquarium. We don't like to bring dirt in our beds....:-) So, I strip her down....let her get a little air while I run bath water and grab her a cup of milk for after her bath. Normally she is running to the bathroom when she hears the water running! Well I was in there running the water and she didn't come. So I called for her. You know, a guarantee that she will come now. But nothing. So I get up and go to find what she is up to....Well out sweet little love bug was pooping! On the floor. Apparently, she needed to go and she needed to go now! I screamed (not a mad one) - the kind where you are shocked by what you are witnessing. LOL It startled her and she stepped in it. Squished between the toes and into the carpet! YUCK! Hubby was laughing, I was laughing. Presley was just confused. Hubby cleaned it up- I bathed her and cleaned up the tub.  Never a dull moment these days. :-) Let's just hope she doesn't make it a habit. And I will be leery of letting her run around without a diaper....ever again!

Otherwise, we have spent most daylight hours (off work) outside. The weather is truly amazing and we love it. Presley loves being outside. Getting dirty and exploring all the things she can. We go to the park- there is a perfect sized one not to far for her to climb on. Pictures are limited because it's hard to photograph and be on duty watching the kid. We've been eating dinner on the porch and having snacks out there too. She seems happiest when we are outside playing. I am too! So it's awesome.

Park snack for a tired girl!
Pushing her car outside.
Hi everyone! I have my purse full of chalk!


Matt goes out of town for a whole week soon and I will miss him desperately! Then, in a few weeks, I leave for work for 3 days. I'm nervous already. First time I will have ever been away from here overnight. (Well there was once, but it was for just over 12 hours (6p-7a kinda thing) 

1 comment:

Heather said...

WOW! I'm tired just reading everything you have been up to lately! Sounds like lots of fun though. I will have to do some Craig's List shopping for a slide like that...When Aiden gets bigger I'm sure he will love having one in the backyard too.