Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh a little vent

Before I start I should say... I love my husband dearly. Honestly, he is awesome. A great daddy, hubby etc.

Every once in a while he does something that just annoys me. (but really if you live with someone- you gotta guess that sometimes this will happen)

This post is a followup to one of my favorite bloggers Molly over at Stilettos & Diapers.

Last week she wrote about Toilet Time. I knew she was on to something. I couldn't believe I hadn't ever thought of it myself. Really. It's true, I also have a hubs that can disappear in the bathroom for a long time. I'm pretty sure he's working on his fantasy football line up (which next year...I'm getting in a league...if you can't beat em. join em, right?) OR playing Words with Friends (which by the way...he hates playing scrabble with me. So he better either play scrabble with me or cut out the words w friends!)

But let me get to the point of this post. My vent!

I'm annoyed and here's why. Typically, I don't get irritated over his toilet time. In fact, I try to not pay attention. People need their privacy. Today is Daddy/Baby day. Meaning it's his day off and he is home all day with P. It also means that whoever is going to work gets to get ready without balancing entertaining lil P in the AM. So I was rushing to get into work early! So I could get off early. He has plans at 5:30p and needs me home...so getting in early is helping him so I can get off early.

I'm 10 mins from leaving...in the bathroom, baby girl is on my hip and we are brushing our teeth (she loves to brush her teeth with you). I walk out of the bathroom and he is no where to be found. It's 5:50a at this point, I'm trying to leave at 6a. I give him a few. Knowing he probably need to "go". No biggy.

6am rolls around. He's not back downstairs. Finally at 6:10a I go up and say..."HEY I GOTTA LEAVE!" He comes down at 6:15a. I call him out on being inconsiderate. If the tables were turned on the mornings he is trying to get out the door, I ALWAYS consult him before taking a 5 min shower or bathroom trip to make sure he has 5 mins to play. And if I would have done this....he would have been furious at me for making him late.

When I called him out...he gets all defensive..."I've only been gone 10 mins!" Uh, hello. When I'm getting ready, I'm constantly watching the clock or I'd never get out the door. I told him, actually its been more like 25/30 mins. He gets more defensive, saying next time he will just "poop on the floor". OH seriously, the drama hubby! Give it a rest. LOL

Seriously, my love. Just say, my bad and be done with it!

So vent over. He really is awesome. But it's funny because whenever he is in the wrong...he always gets defensive. I choose to not fight with him over silly stuff. But I needed him to think about being a bit more considerate...as I am with him. Even if he thru a little tantrum. He will think next time and that's the goal.

I'll be getting a text in a hour or two saying..."Sorry babe. Love you."
I'm already over it. Everytime I think about him threatening to poop on the floor---- I die laughing. Who says stuff like that? Only my hubs when irrationally trying to defend his actions.

From now on, I will be actually more diligent about getting some toilet time for myself. Even if I am sitting on the lid, reading a magazine! LOL

3 comments:

Tina said...

We have all been there!!!!!

Samantha said...

Lol. I totally see where you're coming form. In my house there is no sacred time becuase we don't ever shut the door and T will toddle on in and THEN E will come try to talk to me too. I guess I should lock the door!

Molly said...

Haha...you got to do it, girl! Just go in there when he needs to get ready and I bet he'll never do it to you again. :)