Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A sleep breakthrough? or fluke

Presley slept in her bed last night from 7:45p until 5:15a.

No lie people. I heard her wake up around 1am. Fuss a min. I almost ran in to save her. LOL Then I realized she was just making a noise as she got her self comfortable. Because really before I could even get outta bed...she was silent and sleeping again.

So what was different you ask? I'm not sure. I took her upstairs about 7:30p after a bath and some snuggle time. She was dozing in my lap downstairs so I carried her up with a bottle....As soon as we got up stairs she started to fight me.  I went to rock her and she was pissed! So I put her in her crib. pissed. So back and forth she fought me. Finally, she had pulled a decent amount of my hair out, and smacked me hard in the nose. I was frustrated. (mommy need 60 seconds to re gather her patience, and get over the nose smack...ever been hit in the face, it can make even a nice person mad)

I set her down in her crib. Said, "it's night night time baby. mommy loves you" (fully planning on coming back in after my cool down to rock her to sleep) Stepped out into her hallway and started counting (to 60). She was yelling (not crying) but straight up yelling, ticked off. She yelled for the longest 22 seconds of my life. Then quiet. I continued to count. Got to 60. And I could hear her still awake, make noises, but no more yelling or fussing. So I went down stairs for a few mins and listened to her on the monitor. A few more mins of just noises. And then nothing. At the 10 min mark I went up to check on her. She was fast asleep.

Many many things are going thru my head. It's possible its a fluke. It's possible I have never let my kid fuss more than 22 secs before. Because I'm 100% sure thats the longest I have ever heard her yell.

The best part was when I woke up at 5:15a, jumped up. Thought surely something was wrong. Asked the hubby if he knew what time it was...we both thought something had to have been wrong! But right then we heard her. Not crying or yelling, just in there babbling. Its been a long time since I've woken up and walked into my babies room to see her happy and just waking up. Typically I wake up at 4am to her pulling my hair, climbing on her dad or bouncing up and down to wake us up. Or I wake up to her crying in the middle of the night.

I hope its a breakthrough. It's been a rough 3 months. We had 7 months of a good sleeper. Then 3 months of not at all good sleeping. Hopefully 10 months is the switching point!

Presley found Ginger's water dish and food this morning. YUCK! But she was so pleased at her discovery. As she is with every discovery she makes, esp. the ones that get her in "trouble"

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am with you on this sleep thing...very frustrating and difficult! However, it feels AMAZING when they do sleep through the night! I have so much energy and HOPE all day that they repeat the process that evening!