Dear Presley,
I seriously can't believe you are 6 months old! Time flies. Faster than I have ever expereinced. This has been the best 6 months of my life. I just can't imagine life without you. You are such a mama's girl. And love to snuggle when we get home from work. You love bath time and swimming. I can't believe you don't scream when you get in the coold pool.
This week you have an ear infection. Your 2nd in 2 months. Hopefully it's not something you get too many more of. So this past four or five days you have been a little cranky and not sleeping so well at night. This is not your nature at all. And well it's been hard for mommy and daddy, cause we haven't been sleeping much either. Hopefully tonight will be better!
Stats-
15 lbs 6 oz (50th percentile)
27 3/4 inches long (95th percentile)
Still super long and lean. But perfect. Built just like daddy. Even have his butt. (poor kid, will be wearing belts for ever!)
Milestones
We are working on sitting up. You will do it for a few seconds, then crash forward or back. I think it's right around the corner.
Oh you are a talker. You babble on and on and on. We love it.
You got your first two teeth (bottom front) Memorial Day Weekend. Since then you've been teething on and off. Waiting on more.
You love food. The list of things you don't care for too much as this point is shorter so I will list those....things you don't love: green beans, peas, avocados, peaches and apples. Other than that- that little mouth keeps opening wide for other tasty favorites. Lately, you've been gnawing on fresh bananas on our lap. You love them. It's messy, but we love to see you eat real food and you are so funny when you see us with the banana you go crazy waiting to get your little hands on it!
Best Things
You are seriously the happiest baby. I love when we pick you up from Mini U (daycare) that someone is almost always holding you on their lap. The other kids are on the floor, but you are hanging getting snuggles on the lap of a teacher. It's hilarious to see. You are a charmer already. You do love to play with your toys. You freak out legs kicking and arms flailing when we give you one of your toys. So I don't worry that you aren't getting enough playtime at mini u. I do know for sure you get plenty of snuggles.
You are a big time observer. (you have been since birth) You watch everything and take it all in. It's so funny to watch you watch everything going on around you.
You nature is so laid back. (just like mom & dad) We keep you on a basic schedule, but you go with the flow if we are out and about visiting family or friends. "People" keep saying when you have a brother or sister we are going to get a baby who is the opposite and it will wear us out. But I don't believe it. I don't think all our kids will be exactly alike, but I def. don't believe cause you are such a good baby, the next one will be super hard. Makes no sense. I know lots of people who have all good babies. Oh sigh. Why do people even say these things? You are perfect and your future siblings will be too.
Speaking of future siblings, your dad is ready for that to happen right away. LOL Mama, isn't quite there yet. I told him we could discuss getting you a brother or sister in the fall.
You have a big flirty grin. You love to mimick and raise yoru eye brows at me and daddy. And some of the face you make....oh man you are gonna be a handful when your older. I can see in your eyes you can't wait to cause a little trouble and get into a few things. I look forward to trying to keep up with you.
The stages you go through change so fast. I know the next 6 months will bring, sitting, crawling, words, more teeth, more adventures in food possibly your first steps and things I don't even know yet.
2 comments:
It is amazing how fast time flies by! Glad to hear Presley is doing great!
Truitt LOVES fresh bananas too!
Post a Comment