I am so blessed!
| Both of us trying to hold it together. Same expression. Same bottom lip sucked in. Trying our best not to bust out in tears. |
My dad, you are the best. I love that you have so many hobbies. I think it's admirable how much you care for your kids and grand kids. You always help me see the other side when I can't see past my own glasses, thank you for teaching me the value of the "devil's advocate." Most importantly, you raised me to have a strong work ethic, love my family, give till it hurts, keep my brothers in line, have high standards for a spouse and never let me settle for anything less than the best. I'm lucky I have the best Dad, so I don't know any different.
Matt is an amazing father. It's been no easy adjustment to lack of sleep and parenting. But we have worked it out. He loves his little girl so much. It melts me. She loves him. And I even think she knows what I'm talking about when I say Daddy. When I say something about "daddy" a lot of times she looks towards him if he is in the room. If he is in another room, it's like she looks for him. We are noticing her do this more and more. It's awesome. She flirts with her dad with BIG grins! When she is eating in the kitchen if he isn't in the same room watching her eat (she likes an audience) she turns her body to try and see him in the other room and get his attention. Usually, I tell him "Excuse you daddy, but your little girl doesn't have a full audience for her meal. Could you please join us" She gets so excited when he comes in. So silly. I'm blessed to have a great partner in life, and wonderful father to our family. I love walking through this life we've created together. Ups and downs.
Happy Daddy Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment