It will also be my first real "girls" night out in ----well let's just say almost 18 months. (yikes)
As sad as I am to have my first night away from my sweet baby girl. I'm due a girls night and a little fun. So my dear friend Mel's bachelorette party has come at the most perfect time.
Mel and I go way back to like 9th grade. Playing softball together, and all sorts of high school classes together. Many many many very inappropriate conversations (almost always), lots of laughter, lots of late nights, cases of smirnoff ice and zima (back in our younger days) and she is always someone I can count on for a fun time, but will be there for you for the important things.
The past couple years it's been harder and harder for Mel and I to get time together. Relationships, marriage, babies, opposite work schedules, living over an hour apart, families etc. But when we do see eachother, she's the kind of friend where things pick up right where they left off. We have gone a year (recently) without seeing eachother....but things aren't at all different between us. She is just that kinda friend. I love her for it. One of my dearest friends (will always be) but our friendship is low maintenance and at a stage in your life where your family is growing, you work full time, keeping up with just our immediate family is hard enough. Friends are so important, but sometimes they aren't first on your list. So that's one of the many reasons why my friendship with Mel is so important to me. We might not see other....or talk often. But we always think of each other and we don't really "drift apart".
I'm honored to celebrate Mel's wedding with her and this Bachelorette Party. Let the fun begin....and I hope she knows that since she ABSOLUTELY embarrassed me at my party....I saved something for her, and her "crown" will be returning......What goes around comes around girlie!
![]() |
| Me & Mel on my wedding day |

No comments:
Post a Comment