Friday, July 15, 2011

Sick Baby :-(

Baby girl started to get congested with a lil cough on Sunday. Monday the Dr. said it was viral. Bring her back if she wasnt any better Thursday. Well she wasn't. I was pretty sure she'd have an ear infection. Seems pretty standard for her if she is snotty at all. Sure enough she did. But what is worse is she was coughing so hard and wheezing she needed breathing treatments. We got one at the Dr.'s office. And we are now the proud owners of our own breathing treatment machine. She is getting the treatments 4 times a day until Monday when we go back to get her re-checked. Poor baby.

I must give my husband some serious kudos right now. After the breathing treatment at the Dr.'s office (which took two people) I was nervous about getting home and doing them by myself or matt having to do them alone while I worked today and he was home with baby girl. So we did the first two treatments in the middle of the day together. These treatments don't hurt her and it doesnt taste bad. But simply she needs to hold still with a mask over her pretty face for more than 10 mins. This is a lifetime for everyone involved.  So the last treatment of the night Matt declared he'd do himself since he needed to them by himself the next day. At least if he needed me last night I could come help. He was a pro. I'm not sure I can do it as well by myself.  He really steps up when I need him in the baby care department. I'm blessed.

Although she is a bit cranky (for my seriously super happy baby), and isnt eating great. She still loves her playtime. Her nose was just pouring out snot yesterday afternoon. In between tissue wipes I caught a photo. You can see here she is soaking wet. Between drool and a snotty nose..we had many outfit changes yesterday.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

She's edible, even with the snotty nose! Poor little thing!