Friday, July 15, 2011

Two things I want

So I'm not one of those people who is typically "Wanting something". I typically satisfied with what I have or don't have. And I am usually all about what we need. But lately, there are two items I want! (not need)

#1 .I want a Keurig coffee maker. We have one at work. Love it. Several people I know are getting them. (jealous, yes) Matt will occasionally drink one cup of coffee. Usually it's just me and I typically drink one cup, maybe two. So this makes a lot of sense for our house. However, I have a perfectly good 2 year old Bunn. I just can't see spending over $100 for a coffee pot when I have a perfectly good working one. Sigh. Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas. That's the time of year you get wants....right?


#2. I want a video baby monitor. One that the camera moves so you can move it via remote if kid moves out of original frame. Do I need this.....yes no. We have sound monitor. It works fine. SHe is literally in the room next to us. But now that she sleeps unswaddled. I find myself checking on her a lot more. The slightest whimper...and I'm up checking on her. If I had a video monitor...I would just have to look at it and then roll over and back to sleep. Basically, I just don't have over $200 to get the exact monitor I want. And I don't buy things if they aren't what I want. If I can't get exactly what I want. I don't get it at all. Typically, this works out...because I must not have really needed it.

Daycare is killing my paycheck. But it's all about having P in good care and since I carry the insurance...Well that's HUGE! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

We LOVE our Keurig! I bought one for DH for his birthday and we use it for coffee, iced coffee, iced tea, tea...etc...We found the best deal is at Sam's Club because you get a ton of "K-cups" with it and there is a huge variety!