This update is about 3 weeks late. At 6 months, 1 week. Presley decided she was done with the swaddle. It's was a big battle or long transition period. Basically, the week leading up to it we had been not swaddling her for naps. Or just doing it till she was really asleep and un wrapping her for the duration of the nap.
One night she was swaddled and I found her flipped over stuck on her belly. Oh no! She was way to mobile these days...and in one night swaddling became a danger for her. She needed access to her arms, now that she knew how to use them and roll over, back and forth. So the next night, she happened to fall asleep in my arms. (precious). I took her to her crib kissed her, said a little prayer. She woke up around 3am, gave her back her paci. Then woke up at her standard time 5:15am. That was how easy it was.
I was a little worried about the day when the swaddle ended but I really felt like when the time was right, we would move on. It's like that with most things baby related, one day your doing it one way....in a rythm, the next day it's different......This wasn't that different. She does tend to wake up a little bit more at night un swaddled, looking for her paci. But if she can't find it, we go give it to her so she doesn't get too mad and wake all the way up. It's not super often or every hour at night, once or twice.....on a bad night times. But if she is feeling well then one .....maybe two. Heck, I was up more than that just to go check on her. (Yes, I'm that mom)
So the best thing about no swaddling. Presley prefers to sleep on her side, with her top leg laying over the bottom leg. (same exact way mommy sleeps) and she has to have something to snuggle between her hands. She looooves her "butterfly lovey". Its adorable to watch her sleep in her own way.
So, finally we have moved on from the swaddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment