Presley was 5 months old on Monday! 5/16/11.
Time Flies.
Favorite Things:
Mommy, Daddy
Play mat with animals hanging from it. She will play on that mat and "talk" to her animals for over an hour. She loves them. They are seriously I think her best friends. She tells them stories and chews on them and yanks it all around.
Swaddle. Tired, Upset little girl. Start to put her in the swaddle and almost instantly calmed down. Sometimes falling asleep before you finish the double swaddle process. (Yes, she is a double swaddle kind of baby, and loves it.)
Milestones:
You roll over. Not all the time. But I think it's just cause you don't want to. You regularly roll to whatever side you need to to get a toy and just hang out on your side playing with your toy. You move all over on your play mat.
Foods:
Solid food really made your appetite pick up. You love rice cereal and oatmeal. You have one of those for breakfast and at dinner you have a veggie/fruit.
So far you loved carrots, sweet potatoes and squash. It took a few days but you eventually like peas and green beans. However, these items constipated you. So we know the next time you can have a green one day, but not several days in a row. It was sad to see you have a hurting belly. This week we started avocados. Even on day 2 you aren't a huge fan. I'm not sure if its the texture. But after we try those for a while, you don't have any problem eating a bowl of oatmeal. (lil stinker) Mom and Dad loooove avocados. Hoprefully, you will like them better tonight. If not, we will move on to fruit and came back to them in a couple weeks.
Stats:
You are a long lean little girl. At your 4 month appt your were 13lbs even, and 26 inches. I can tell you are growing a ton. But I'm not really sure what you weigh. You are too long for 3-6 months pants. 6 months pants fit perfectly, but I think you are going thru a growth spurt and that is temporary. I bought all 12 month pants at target the other day. I think we might skip 9months clothes all together. You already easily were a 12 month onesie. They are bagging in the waste, but fit O.K. in length. You are finally getting a little chunk on your thighs.
You so resemeble your dad in this long lean way. You even have his little booty shape. You will totally need to have lots of belts in your wardrobe. Momma is super curvy. Never needed a belt to hold her pants up. But I think you will. That's Ok though....belts are super cute accesories.
Seems like every week or so I go thru your clothes and take things out that don't fit anymore.
Others:
When you smile, you smile all the way to your toes. You get so excited. Mornings are so happy for you, you love to talk to us, and sometimes growl like a little lion cub. Its adorable. We are waiting on your laugh. Seriously, child....give it to us! Are we just not funny :-( We try really hard. She gives us a half-laugh/chuckle here and there. But no real big laugh. Lots of excitement and squeals...we are waiting....trying to be patient.
I'm behind on downloading photos. Will get up some 5 months pics soon.
The weather should warm up this weekend (finally) and I can take some dress up pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment