It seems like it was just yesterday that she had lost an entire pound after birth and I was a guilt ridden new mama disaster. Doing everything I thought I could do to get her to chunk up....and she was losing! Luckily this was the first week of her life and I had wonderful love and support.
Then at 10 -11 weeks I was stressed because P would barely eat 3 oz in an hour and she had to go to start daycare at 12 weeks. I was so worried. My little girl just wasn't a very good eater and it was constant thing to be strategizing how to get the girl to eat a little more, a little fast. By the time she started daycare she was eating 3 oz in about 45 mins. But it was work! My lil P preferred napping over eating anytime. And really didn't care that much to work too hard for her food. But she was growing.
Now, at 20 wks (today). All things are different. We've started rice cereal, after her morning bottle. She loves it. And a veggie after her dinnertime bottle. She loves that too. And since starting solids by girl has grown a real appetite! We are up to typically 5oz every 3 hrs plus the rice and veggies and it's not a struggle to get her to eat the 5oz. She usually sucks it right down! So lately she will take a 6oz bottle. So her belly must be big enough to hold it. And we are thinking of switching her to 6oz bottles every 4 hours.
I'm testing it out today on my day off. Hubs did it on Tuesday. So far its working. Oh the freedom of one extra hour between feedings. And one less bottle to make during the day. Not that we mind. But its the little milestones that allow you all to have a bit for freedom during the day. P can take a longer nap if she needs it and I won't have to wake her up right at the 3hr mark for a bottle. (she would totally sleep thru it).
The first month of her life we lived our life in 2 hour increments. The past 3 months we have lived in 3 hour increments (besides the 8-9 hours she sleeps at night)
I do have to say this morning it was weird. Usually by the time I feed her in the morning. Get coffee, wash my face, brush my teeth, feed her cereal. And play for a bit its time to try and keep her awake 30 mins for her next bottle. The 3 hours fly by. 4 hours this morning, felt like a lifetime till her next bottle! She didn't mind at all. I didn't have to keep her awake. She got the hour nap she wanted. I ended up showered and dressed and fully caffeinated.
It's amazing what one hour can do for you during the day with you've gotten used to planning everything in 3 hour increments. 4 hour increments....I might end up bored! LOL (never.)
Hope you all have a great Mother's Day weekend.
1 comment:
I am totally jealous 1. of how long she goes and 2. how long she sleeps!!! We're averaging two hour increments- day and night!! Sometimes during the day he only goes 1 hour, sometimes he will go 3 and at nighttime he will sometimes go 4 hours!
Post a Comment