Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Mother's Day

It was more of a Mother's Day weekend for me. And it was lovely.
Matt dug up all my front flower bed plants and moved them around so they look so nice now! It was over grown and needed some TLC. Now we have room for a few more plants. So excited to pick those out, and get them in the ground and mulch.

Matt also planted the garden for me. Which I have been trying to do for 2 weeks now. But I just don't ever seem to have two free hands. :-) So everything is now in the ground and growing. Tomatos, Peppers, Scallions, Beets, Carrots, and Spinach. We need to pick up a couple cucumber plants and we are all done! Can't wait to start having our own fresh produce this summer. A very lovely treat.

Saturday afternoon we went to MIL & FIL. It was nice to spend the day with them and eat dinner there. They love anytime they get some time with P.

Sunday we went to my moms. My brothers/Sils and I cooked and mom got to sit back and play with the grandbabies. We cleaned up etc. It was a really nice day. Grandma & Grandpa came over and Aunt Molly. It was so nice to see everyone.

Sunday night I snuggled with Presley after Matt went to bed. I just held her and reflected on how greatful I am to be her mom. What a blessing she is to us. She has changed me for the rest of my life. Word's don't do justice to how it feels to be her mama. I hope I never dissapoint her.

My first Mother's Day felt a little unreal overall. I still was thinking about my mom and celebrating her. Luckily, I was able to do that. But it was nice that Matt really wanted to celebrate me as well. We went out to breakfast, and he got up with P at 4am when she filled her diaper and then decided she wanted to eat. :-) I slept a little.

"Making the decision to have a child- it's momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around
outside of your body." - E. Stone



No comments: