Friday, May 20, 2011

No Plans Weekend!

The first weekend in a handful of weeks that we have no plans. Well I should say, commitments with others.

Matt has worked more than 2 weeks straight. This will be his first weekend off. Most days he has worked have been been 10-14 hours. A couple 8 hours, and a few 16 hour days. - Either way, you get the picture. Matt & his Dad have a contracting business. (specialized refractory) So it's kinda a situation that is feast or famine. So when they have work, they work and work and work. It def. makes up for times of the year when they aren't so busy. This works great overall for us. When they aren't super busy with lots of jobs, they are working on house projects (typically) at our house or his parents. And for the most part that is awesome. (of course there are days I come home from work and something in my house or yard is all a mess! SURPRISE, we are building you a new closet!....awesome. But I so wasn't prepared for you to tear up my entire hallway.)

Alas, I digress. What was the purpose of this post?

Oh no plans weekend. The weather is supposed to be 80 on Saturday and sunny! Happy Dance! But when I think about Matt, The Lazy Song, by Bruno Mars pops into my head. He isn't gonna want to do anything. Which I totally understand. He takes a no plans weekend, very seriously.

Me on the other hand. No plans means............ I would really like to hit up the big garage sale in the town next to ours. I'd love to get a few more plants in the front flower beds, and some mulch? :-) Go to the park. Hang out in the sun a bit....All of those things I can't do on my own. Not that I can't physically do it. That's not a problem. It's the baby on the hip, who has decided she no longer really wants daytime naps. :-) So we will see. Hopefully by Sunday Matt will be ready to do a few things.

Next weekend we are going to visit some friends in the Columbus area. It should be a really fun time. We have a couple other friends that are meeting us there and they have Max, he is 3 weeks older than Presley. his momma and I got pretty close during our pregnancies. We are looking forward to a really fun weekend with them. Hip Hip Hooray for our friends and their growing families. It's fun to go thru these new stages with them! - Even better, last time we got together, P was 3 wks old and Max 6 wks. Anna and I were tied to the pumps. Now, the two of us can enjoy some adult beverages. We so deserve them!

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!

No comments: