Sunday, May 1, 2011

Smart Hubs!

If your husband, boyfriend is anything like mine. He hates to get in trouble with me. He's tries his hardest to always be good. But like any boy man, sometimes he just "forgets" or does something that puts in him in the "dog house"

Last night, (after a very long day) hubs needed to run over to a friend's house to pick up something he needed for today. Of course his buddies are single guys living together with no kids. So it was saturday night grilling and beers for them. But for us, it was a day we'd been up since 5am, outside all day a 1 1/2 drive to the even and back. Getting home at 8:30pm. We were both pooped and so was P. So he said "I'm going to make this real quick, in and out. Home in an hour and a half or less. Please wait up" I agree. I can stay busy with mommy stuff easily for the next hour and half.

Fast forward. I unpack the crap baby stuff we pack for 9 hours away from home kinda day. :-) Wash bottles. Get a shower. Fold some laundry.

Over an hour and a half goes by, time to wake the baby (she was e.x.h.a.u.s.t.ed and sleeping in her car seat chair the whole time. she never does this....even if she was napping while we were driving in the car...when we get home and bring her in she wakes up) and feed her, change her, and give her a little hand and face wipe down, jammies. Usually, I would have heard from hubs by now, "almost home, see you in a few" something like that. But nothing.

So I call before I start the baby waking, etc. process. No answer. Hmph. I send a quick text...."getting P ready for bed. hope your close. i was waiting on you, but i'm wearing out"....

I get through most of the baby process. No word from him. (insert my builing
 annoyance)

Over two hours have gone by and he calls. All the guys were grilling out. I got caught up talking...I left my phone in the car cause I was just running in and out. i'm sorry.

So you can imagine. I was annoyed, a little pissed. But not really mad. He already knew he would be in the doghouse. He knows that if he would have said I'm going to hang with the guys a couple hours while i'm over there. i would have been completely fine. I don't care if he is going to do that. I just would have went to bed. no biggy. But that wasnt the case. He asked me to stay up and wait. Said it wasn't going to be a hang out visit. Get what he needed and back home to wifey.

Fast forward. He comes to bed sometime. I have no idea. It wasn't crazy late though. But later than me. P wakes up at 4:30 a he gets up with her before i even hear her he hasnt done that in a month or so. Ok, clearly trying to get some points. I'm not that easy though, but good first move. He's going to have to work alittle bit to get back in my good graces. (by now I'm actually only still slight annoyed by him now and have chosen to already forgive him)

P wakes up agian sometime after 6:30am. I come make her a bottle AND what i find in the kitchen wasthe one thing I didn't do the night before a sink and a half full of dishes........washed and put away. (insert coy smile from me) He was very smart.

I don't know if I'm the only one who loves surprises like a chore you were dreading doing, magically being done for you. Well seriously, this is almost as good as jewelry. (jewelry would have granted immediate forgiveness. I'm a girl who likes accessories)

So I'm over it now. Dishes were awesome. P is soo sweet. How in the world could I stay irritated anymore for that day. P and I get up for a bit she eats. We chat for a few then we lay back down in the guest bed. Nice 2.5 hour morning nap. (matt was still in bed. I decided to let him sleep in) .

It's 10am, me and P are waking up talking and he comes downstairs, freshly showered and giving me those sweet eyes saying I'm really sorry. (he was. he knew it was just kinda rude) So big family hug and kisses. Matt stayed sweet, what can i do for you before i leave to go up and help your dad. he mowed  the grass.

He's smart, and I like it. We all have moments when we are as thoughtful as we should be. He knew how to get back in my good graces. It's hard to be mad when he gets the baby at 4am and did dishes so i would wake up to a clean kitchen. smart moves. Then quick to apologize in the morning and being offering to be helpful.

No comments: